CTAN update: babel
* The fix for #240 in version 3.90, related to \normalsfcodes broke the onchar mechanism in some cases and some other things. A different fix has been devised. * Weird behavior when declaring the same font for two families (#178).
The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at https://ctan.org/pkg/babel The package’s files themselves can be inspected at https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/babel/base/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups. Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs
babel – Multilingual support for LaTeX, LuaLaTeX, XeLaTeX, and Plain TeX
This package manages culturally-determined typographical (and other) rules for a wide range of languages. A document may select a single language to be supported, or it may select several, in which case the document may switch from one language to another in a variety of ways.
Babel uses contributed configuration files that provide the detail of what has to be done for each language, as well as .ini files for about 275 languages from around the World, including many written in non-Latin and RTL scripts. Many of them work with pdfLaTeX, as well as with XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX, out of the box. A few even work with plain formats.
|Copyright||1989–2012 Johannes Braams et al.|
2012–2023 Javier Bezos and Johannes L. Braams
|Maintainer||Javier Bezos López|
Johannes L. Braams (inactive)
- 2023-11-12 CTAN update: babel
- 2023-10-26 CTAN update: babel
- 2023-09-30 CTAN update: babel
- 2023-09-13 CTAN update: babel
- 2023-07-16 CTAN update: babel
- 2023-07-10 CTAN update: babel
- 2023-04-19 CTAN update: babel
- 2023-03-29 CTAN update: babel