CTAN update: lineno 4.11 and ednotes 1.1
1. Rows of `array' and similar math environments may be treated like usual lines, be numbered accordingly (included in the sequence of surrounding text lines), and be referred to by these numbers. Thus they also can be subject to ednotes.sty. To make use of this, please read the CHANGES.txt next. 2. \linelabel produces an error outside line numbering mode. This may be helpful when you have forgotten to switch and wonder why all line numbers are 1, e.g. -- also with ednotes.sty. 3. Some explanations in lineno.sty/tex/pdf have been amended -- cf. CHANGES.txt for details.
Announcement text for ednotes:
This upgrade is mainly concerned with 1. the number of possible notes, 2. page break oscillations, 3. `array' and similar mathematical environments, and with 4. a hopefully helpful error message; also with 5. amendments of documentation. Namely (see CHANGES.txt for more details): 1. Reimplementation of `ednotes.sty' with version v1.1, vital for huge editions ("commercial"/"professional" applications). You can now make three times as many notes as before, regarding the memory compartment for multiletter control strings. One user exhausted this by 11.000 notes on 450 pages (recent MiKTeX installation). Now he can add another 22.000 notes ... Warning: Customizations of \repeatref and \linewithpage as well as option `countoccurrences' need updates. 2. A checking function has been added for finding startings of page break oscillations. These typically must be fixed for getting correct references to lemmas in the apparatus. Explanations in `lblchng1.sty' v0.2 needed to be replaced by some of v0.32. 3. The `edtable' option of `ednotes.sty' now supports math environments like `array'. Explanations (`edtable.sty' v1.3) have been extended considerably, structured more clearly, and supplied with examples. 4. You get an error message when you have forgotten to switch into line numbering mode. I generalize from my own experience that this may be useful when strangely everything refers to line no. 1 ... 5. Documentations in `lineno.sty/tex/pdf' and `ednotugb.pdf' have been amended (additionally).
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Rainer Schöpf
lineno – Line numbers on paragraphs
Adds line numbers to selected paragraphs with reference possible through the LaTeX \ref and \pageref cross reference mechanism.
Line numbering may be extended to footnote lines, using the fnlineno package.
|Copyright||2002–2005 Uwe Lück|
Uwe Lück (deceased)
- 2005-10-03 CTAN update: ednotes/lineno (critical editions)
- 2005-04-29 CTAN update: lineno.sty / ednotes.sty for criticaleditions
- 2005-03-09 CTAN update: lineno 4.11 and ednotes 1.1
- 2004-11-01 CTAN upload notification: lineno.sty – new features