CTAN update: Eplain 3.3
Date: July 25, 2009 8:33:59 PM CEST
This package has been updated on CTAN and should by now be at your local mirror.
Saint Michael's College
------------------------- Announcement -------------------------
I'm happy to announce release 3.3 of Eplain, a set of TeX macros that
expands on and extends the definitions in plain TeX in a
"style-neutral" fashion. Eplain's home page is
You can get it off CTAN at
The manual is available on-line from CTAN or Eplain's home page, or as
a hard-copy from
(royalties are donated to the TeX Users Group).
Here's an excerpt from the NEWS file.
* New commands \eqnum and \eqalignnum, counterparts of \(l)eqno and
\(l)eqalignno, producing equation numbers which can be uniformly
transformed to right-aligned (\righteqnumbers) or left-aligned
* Eplain has borrowed the eTeX, ExTeX, XeTeX and XeLaTeX logos from
* \idxnameseparator is now expanded once so that the .idx file
contains its contents instead of the macro call.
* Non-silent indexing macros have been fixed not to produce a spurious
newline when newline's catcode is 13 (active).
* Eplain now takes care to unactivate any active characters before
typesetting index term in the margin for proofing.
* Updated ifpdf.sty.
* LaTeX package reloading warnings are now not shown on the terminal.
* Documentation improvements.
Thanks to everybody who contributed with bug reports, feature
suggestions and code patches.
eplain – Extended plain TeX macros
An extended version of the plain TeX format,
adding support for bibliographies, tables of contents,
enumerated lists, verbatim input of files, numbered equations,
tables, two-column output, footnotes, hyperlinks in PDF output
and commutative diagrams.
Eplain can also load some of the more useful LaTeX packages,
graphicx (an extended version of
autopict (a package instance of
the LaTeX picture code),