CTAN submission – Beamer version 3.00, pgf version 0.64
Date: October 11, 2004 12:45:39 PM CEST
----- Forwarded message from Till Tantau -----
I have put new versions of beamer and pgf on ftp.dante.de:/incoming.
This is version 3.00 of beamer, a class for creating presentations using
latex. To use it, you also need
- pgf version >=0.63,
- xcolor version >=2.00
To install the class follow the instructions in doc/beameruserguide.pdf.
This is a major update of beamer, containing many changes, most having to do
with a new theme management. Old presentations should still compile without
errors, but some slight color and spacing changes may occur, however.
The update from pgf 0.63 to 0.64 is just a minor bugfix and not needed to use
the new beamer version.
Here are the changelogs:
Beamer version 3.00:
- Completely new theme management.
- Lot's of new variations of themes.
- Font/element/layout/color themes are orthogonal and can be
- Old themes obsolete, but supported for compatibility.
- Original default theme is now in
"beamerthemecompatibility.sty". New default is more minimalistic.
+ Presentation themes:
- There are now 24 ready-to-use presentation themes.
- Manuel Carro has send me a theme that I slightly adapted and
added as the Madrid theme.
+ Layout and element Themes:
- There are 9 different layouts themes, including three new ones
that were not available in the previous version.
- There are 4 different element themes (which dictate things like
how items are typeset).
+ Color themes:
- There are 10 color themes, including a yellow-on-blue theme.
- The seahorse and rose theme allow you to change the colors of
headlines and footlines easily to much less "aggressive"
- You can now dictate the color of every minute detail of a
presentation individually, (including math!).
+ Font themes:
- 6 font themes. Change the fonts of titles to, say, small caps
just by using the smallcaps theme; no need to meddle with
- Just like colors, you can individually change all fonts in
minute detail without touching any templates.
- Split documentation into multiple files.
- Reorganized and reworked large parts of the documention.
- Added a small tutorial to help new users.
- Extracted all "guidelines" and "recommendations" and put them in
a "guidelines" section. Also added lots of guidelines on fonts.
- Added an index (though it's pretty poor, still).
- Added a solutions directory.
It contains ready-to-use solutions for common problems (like
a template for a conference talk).
- Help appreciated (see the documentation).
- Added frame environment (finally!).
- Added the dot notation to overlay specifications. If a dot is
used instead of a plus, the beamerpauses counter is not
- Added xmpmulti.sty. Very useful for including Multi Metapost
- Added some functionality to \onslide to get it more in sync with
- Made \beamerdefaultoverlayspecification work also outside
- Added new version of beamer.el by Thomas Baumann.
- \footnote now takes an overlay specification.
- Added beamercolorbox environment.
- Characters like : may now be active (nice for french
style). Only exceptions are < and >.
- Added a note on how to use msc.sty with beamer.
- TOCs in sidebar will now do line breaking (finally!).
- Powerful object-oriented new font management.
- Powerful object-oriented new color management.
- \tableofcontents now has more options for showing/not showing
- Same is true for the toc in sidebars.
- Added \keywords command (like \subject).
- Added a patch to make beamer work together with musixtex. \pause
will be redeclared inside music environments.
- Added \insert's for inserting the start and end pages of the
current frame, subsection, section, part, presentation, appendix.
- Reordered directories.
- beamerboxesrounded now works differently. color schemes no
- Option class=xxxx onsolete. Use document class xxxx directly
instead and load new style beamerarticle.
- Cleaned up lot's of internals.
- Slight changes to vertical spacing.
- slidestop is now called "t" and slidescentered is called "c".
- \beamersetleftmargin and \beamersetrightmargin obsolete. Use
- Old themes are now mapped to new internal mechanisms. Slight
color and vertical spacing changes may occur.
- Fixed incompatibility with czech.sty.
- Fixed some spacing problems with \label.
- Fixed bug that could cause endless loop if more than two pages
resulted from an allowframebreaks.
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect counter resets in conjunction
- Fixed bug that caused footnotes of suppressed frames to spill
over to the next frame.
- Fixed bug with \AtBeginSection + \lecture + \mode*
- Fixed \label bug in article mode in conjunction with amstex
- Fixed spacing problems when \pause is used in equations
- Fixed spacing problem with slides that start with an itemize.
- Fixed color problem in itemize in conjunction with evil use of
- Fixed failure of action environment in handout and trans modes.
- Fixed bug with shrink + t options.
- Fixed lot's of other small things.
- Fixed problem with displayed math formulas are message "improper
- Fixed wrong positioning of mini frames on notes pages.
- Fixed bugs in outer theme miniframes.
- Fixed foreground coloring problem in beamerboxesrounded.
- Fixed \alert in article mode problem.
- Fixed \temporal problem.
- Fixed vertical mode after \item problem.
- Applied patch with typo fixed submitted by Ohura Makoto.
- Fixed warnings concerning it/sl substitution for cmss.
- Renamed "ternary" to "tertiary" and "fourth" to
- Changed parent of color "frametitle" to "titlelike".
- Fixed problem with \note in lectures that are excluded.
pgf version 0.64:
- Fixed missing depth of \pgfnodebox.
- Fixed bug that caused infinite stack loop with pictures inside
----- End forwarded message -----
Thanks for the uploads. I installed them as suggested replacing the old
versions in CTAN:graphics/pgf/ and CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/beamer/
for the CTAN team
beamer – A LaTeX class for producing presentations and slides
The beamer LaTeX class can be used for producing slides.
The class works in both PostScript and direct PDF output modes,
using the pgf graphics system
for visual effects.
Content is created in the frame environment,
and each frame can be made up of a number of slides
using a simple notation for specifying material to
appear on each slide within a frame.
Short versions of title, authors, institute can also be
specified as optional parameters.
Whole frame graphics are supported by plain frames.
The class supports figure and table environments,
transparency effects, varying slide transitions and
Beamer also provides compatibility with other packages
The package now incorporates the functionality of the former
translator package, which is used for customising the
package for use in other language environments.
Beamer depends on the following other packages:
|Copyright||2003–2007 Till Tantau|
2010 Vedran Miletić
2011–2015 Vedran Miletić, Joseph Wright
2016–2023 Joseph Wright, samcarter
Vedran Miletić (inactive)
Louis Stuart (inactive)
Till Tantau (inactive)