CTAN submission: beamer 2.00 and pgf 0.60
Date: February 19, 2004 9:42:58 AM CET
----- Forwarded message from Till Tantau -----
I have put version 2.00 of the beamer package (macros/latex/contrib/beamer) on
fpt://dante.ctan.org/incoming/latex-beamer-2.00.tar.gz and version 0.60 of
pgf (graphics/pgf) on fpt://dante.ctan.org/incoming/pgf-0.60.tar.gz.
beamer version 2.00
- Added placement options to columns and column commands.
- Added \column command.
- Added label option to frames.
- Added \againframe command for showing a frame again later on
- Added \includeonlyframe command for typesetting only specific
- Added \AtBeginSection, \AtBeginSubsection, and \AtBeginPart
commands (very useful!).
- Added \visible command (opposite of \invisible).
- Added verse, quotation, and quote environments.
- Added abstract environment (not very useful in my opinion).
- Added colored option to \defverbatim for use with lstlisting.
- Added grid density option to grid background.
- Added professionalfont option.
- Added automatic support of serif math minion fonts.
- Added option to \pause command to pause only from a specific
- Added \unpause to stop the last \pause.
- Includes enumerate.sty by default and allows one to use its
functionality in beamer.
- Added dark and tab options to beamerthemesidebar. Other sidebar
themes no longer needed.
- Made \note work also inside frames.
- Added templates for notes.
- Added notes=onlyframeswithnotes option for generating only
frames that contain a note.
- Added options to all \insertshortxxx commands.
- Added option for passing arguments to color, xcolor, pgf, and
- Added \action and actionenv environments.
- Added the concept of actions to overlay specifications. For example,
\item<alert at 2> will alert the item on the second slide and
\item<2-| alert at 2> will furthermore have the item covered before
- Added <> option to \newcommand and \newenvironment to make the
defined commands overlay-specification aware.
- \only and \alt will now also accept an overlay specification
"at the end".
- Block environments now accept overlay specification also before
- Added \mode command
- Added beamerbasearticle.sty -> makes nearly all beamer commands
available in article mode in a sensible way.
- Added mode specifications to \section and \subsection commands
(useful for the article version).
- Started adding some templates for rendering frames in article mode.
- Added \lecture command and \includeonlylecture (useful for
- Added a containsverbatim option to the \frame command. Should be
used instead of the old \frame<all:1> (which is, however, still
- Made \includegraphics, \pgfimage, and \pgfuseimage
overlay-specification-aware. (useful for pseudo-animations)
- Every frame is now put into a box internally. Slides will never
be split over two pages.
- \pause commands now transcends blocks (very useful, but not
- Balls are now also used for enumerations, not just for itemize
in shadow theme. Use \beamertemplateenumeratealpha to get old
- Changed syntax of alert and structure templates.
- Reworked internals of overlay management. Should produce
slightly shorter files.
- Changed file names of .jpg and .png images to start with "beamer-"
to avoid name clashes.
- Renamed \original to \beameroriginal because of clash with
lucidia font styles.
- "Streamlined" themes to use the same basic templates.
- \noteitems replaced by \note[enumerate].
- \nameslide command is now obsolete. Use the label= option
- Removed notesonly option. Use notes=only.
- Themes beamerthemesidebartab, beamerthemesidebardark, and
beamerthemesidebardarktab are now obsolete. Use
beamerthesesidebar will appropriate options instead.
- Theme beamerthemetreebars obsolete. Use beamerthemetree with
option bars instead.
- Removed compressnotes option. Use \beamertemplatenotecompress
- Removed pauses environment (no longer needed).
- Improved pgf makes \pgfonly superfluous. Use \only instead.
- Removed reproducable .pdf example files from repository for
faster cvs checkout/checkin.
- Removed \invisibleon command (was superfluous anyway).
- Removed \mixinon command (was not very useful and clashes with
new \pause command; use \opaqueness instead).
- Removed \newoverlaycommand and \renewoverlaycommand. Can be
better implemented using \newcommand<>.
- Removed \article, \presentation, and \common commands (still
quietly tolerated). Should be replaced by \mode<article>,
\mode<presentation>, and \mode<all>.
- Removed beamer/lyx/doc. Documentation is now incorporated in
the main user's guide.
- Added a big example file beamerlyxexample1.lyx.
- Changed \tableofcontents command so that options can be
given in LyX.
- Changed \frame command in LyX so that options can be given.
- Added overprint and overlayarea environments.
- Added \againframe command.
- Changed beamer.layout to use new command \column. Old environment
no longer supported in lyx.
- A new frame and a section or subsection will automatically close
the previous frame. EndFrame is only needed before the end of
the document, before the appendix, and before "out-of-frame"
- Added TitleGraphic command.
- Documented the LyX interface in beameruserguide.pdf.
- Fixed bugs with "jumping" blocks in overlays.
- Fixed bug with tabbing in beamerbaseboxes.
- Added work-around for problem with black background in older
versions of acroread.
- Fixed problems with linebreak in short title and short author
in sidebar themes.
pgf version 0.60:
- Replaced some commands for the postscript code by shorter
versions for smaller file size.
- Fixed bug in pgfbox command that caused incorrect kerning in
- Fixed bug in pgfsys at defineimage that made page inclusion
- Fixed bug in pgfshading that did not reset dash patterns in
shadings in the PostScript version.
- Spaces are now allowed inside the pgfpicture environment.
- Added \pgfgrid command.
----- End forwarded message -----
Thanks for the upload. I installed both package's as suggested replacing the
previous versions at CTAN:graphics/pgf and CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/beamer
for the CTAN team
beamer – A LaTeX class for producing presentations and slides
The beamer LaTeX class can be used for producing slides.
The class works in both PostScript and direct PDF output modes,
using the pgf graphics system
for visual effects.
Content is created in the frame environment,
and each frame can be made up of a number of slides
using a simple notation for specifying material to
appear on each slide within a frame.
Short versions of title, authors, institute can also be
specified as optional parameters.
Whole frame graphics are supported by plain frames.
The class supports figure and table environments,
transparency effects, varying slide transitions and
Beamer also provides compatibility with other packages
The package now incorporates the functionality of the former
translator package, which is used for customising the
package for use in other language environments.
Beamer depends on the following other packages:
|Copyright||2003–2007 Till Tantau|
2010 Vedran Miletić
2011–2015 Vedran Miletić, Joseph Wright
2016–2019 Joseph Wright
Vedran Miletić (inactive)
Till Tantau (inactive)