README for the `ncctools' distribution
This `bundle' consists of LaTeX2e packages written and supported by
Alexander I. Rozhenko.
Copyright is maintained by Alexander I. Rozhenko.
The `source' subdirectory contains source codes for all packages of
the bundle prepared in `.dtx' files, and some auxiliary files.
See the `source/manifext.txt' file.
The `unpacked' subdirectory contains unpacked versions of all packages
of the bundle.
The `doc' subdirectory contains pdf documentation to all packages.
The `doc/ncctools.pdf' file gives a brief introduction to
all packages of the bundle. Opening it with Adobe Reader,
you can click on a package name at the margin and the
documentation to the package will be shown.
To install the bundle, you should copy the contents of `unpacked'
directory to a directory on LaTeX's standard input path and then
refresh the TeX filename database.
Additional information on the bundle can be found in the
This material is subject to the LaTeX Project Public License.
for the details of that license.
To report a problem or bug in any of these packages, describe it in free
form and send it me to e-mail address
Type the `NCCTOOLS' word in the subject of letter. This guarantees
that your letter will be not deleted as spam.
When reporting bugs, please produce a small test file that shows the
problem, and ensure that you are using the current version of the
package, and of the base LaTeX software.
Distribution of unchanged versions
It is allowed provided that the contents of `source' subdirectory
is included into distribution as is. The files from other
subdirectories and these file also are optional. The decision to
include optional files is up to your choice.
Distribution of changed versions
It is allowed under restrictions described in the `source/README' file.
Download the complete
contents of this directory in one zip archive
ncctools – A collection of general packages for LaTeX
The NCCtools bundle contains many packages for general use under
LaTeX; many are also used by NCC LaTeX.
The bundle includes tools for:
– executing commands after a package is loaded;
– counter manipulation (dynamic
counters, changing counter numbering with another counter);
– improvements to the description environment;
– hyphenation of compound words;
– new levels of footnotes;
– space-filling patterns;
– "poor man's" Black Board Bold symbols;
– alignment of the content of a box;
– use comma as decimal separator;
– boxes with their own crop marks;
– page cropmarks;
– improvements to fancy headers;
– float "styles", mini floats, side floats;
– manually marked footnotes;
– extension of amsmath;
– control of paragraph skip;
– an envelope to the graphicx package;
– dashed and multiple rules;
– alternative techniques for declarations of sections, captions, and toc-entries;
– generalised text-stretching;
– generation of new theorem-like environments;
– control of the text area;
– centred page layouts; and
– an un-numbered top-level section.
|License||The LaTeX Project Public License|
|Maintainer||Alexander I. Rozhenko|
|Contained in||TeXLive as ncctools|
|MiKTeX as ncctools|
a collection of packages|