ucs – Extended UTF-8 input encoding support for LaTeX
The bundle provides the ucs package, and utf8x.def, together with a large number of support files.
The utf8x.def definition file for use with inputenc covers a wider range of Unicode characters than does utf8.def in the LaTeX distribution. The package provides facilities for efficient use of its large sets of Unicode characters.
Glyph production may be controlled by various options, which permits use of non-ASCII characters when coding mathematical formulae.
Note that the bundle previously had an alias “unicode”; that alias has now been withdrawn, and no package of that name now exists.
|License||The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3|
|Copyright||2001 Dominique Unruh
2011,2012 Wolfgang Jeltsch
Dominique Unruh (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as ucs|
|MiKTeX as ucs|
input encoding support for TeX engines
Unicode, material supporting it, and packages requiring it
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (1.8M).
- 2013-05-13 CTAN update: ucs
- 2012-08-29 CTAN update: ucs
- 2012-04-20 CTAN upload and rename: "ucs" replaces "unicode"
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- umlaute: German input encodings in LaTeX
- ginpenc: Modification of inputenc for German
- mapcodes: Support for multiple character sets and encodings
- latin2jk: Inputenc encoding for verbatim ISO 8859-2 use