prooftrees – Forest-based proof trees (symbolic logic)
The package supports drawing proof trees of the kind often used in introductory logic classes, especially those aimed at students without strong mathemtical backgrounds. Hodges (1991) is one example of a text which uses this system. When teaching such a system it is especially useful to annotate the tree with line numbers, justifications and explanations of branch closures.
prooftrees provides a single environment, prooftree, and a variety of tools for annotating, customising and highlighting such trees. A cross-referencing system is provided for trees which cite line numbers in justifications for proof lines or branch closures.
The LaTeX Project Public License 1.3
|Copyright||2016–2017 Clea F. Rees
|Maintainer||Clea F. Rees
|Contained in||TeX Live as prooftrees|
|MiKTeX as prooftrees|
typesetting logician’s discussions
package uses PGF-TikZ
mechanisms for drawing trees
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (862.5k).
- 2017-02-10 CTAN update: prooftrees
- 2016-12-07 CTAN update: prooftrees
- 2016-05-17 CTAN update: prooftrees
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- tikz-inet: Draw interaction nets with TikZ
- tikz-qtree: Use existing qtree syntax for trees in TikZ
- tikz-page: Small macro to help building nice and complex layout materials
- grafcet: Draw Grafcet/SFC with TikZ