extract – Extract parts of a document and write to another document
The package provides the means to extract specific content from a source document and write that to a target document. One could, for instance, use this to extract all exercises from lecture notes and generate an exercises book on the fly.
The package also provides an environment which writes its body entirely to the target file. Another environment will write to the target file, but will also execute the body. This allows to share code (for instance, a preamble) between the source document and the target file.
Finally, the package provides an interface to conditionally extract content. With a single package option, one can specify exactly which commands (counted from the start of the document) should be extracted and which not. This might be useful for extracting specific slides from a presentation and use them in a new file.
The LaTeX Project Public License
|Copyright||2004–2005 Hendri Adriaens
|Contained in||TeX Live as extract|
|MiKTeX as extract|
editor’s marks, highlights, etc.
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (201.8k).
- 2005-05-09 CTAN update:xkeyval v2.5 and extract v1.8
- 2005-03-31 CTAN update: xkeyval v2.4 and extract v1.7
- 2005-01-12 CTAN update: extract
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- ed: Editorial Notes for LaTeX documents
- minorrevision: Quote and refer to a manuscript for minor revisions
- vertbars: Mark vertical rules in margin of text
- easyreview: Package to provide a way to review (or perform editorial process) in LaTeX