eitl – Easy install of TeX Live
The script allows the easy install of a current TeX Live version over the net. It is tested with the current Linux versions of OpenSUSE and Ubuntu. The script:
- looks for a fast server
- downloads the install script
- deletes an existing TeX Live version from Ubuntu (deb) or openSUSE (rpm)
- extracts and runs the install script
- installs a complete up-to-date TeX Live from tug.org
- installs the non free fonts from tug.org which are not part of TeX Live, like arial, Luxi mono, etc.
- installs the GUIs TeXmaker and TeXworks
- creates files zzz-texlive.sh/csh for /etc/profile.d/
If no directory is specified, TeX Live will be installed in the home directory ~/texlive. For another directory, run the script with the directory name; e.g.:
for some actions the script needs to be root. In such cases it asks for the root password.
|License||The LaTeX Project Public License|
|Copyright||2012 Rolf Niepraschk, Herbert Voß|
components (or support) of TeX distribution|
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (5.8k).
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- texlive: A comprehensive distribution of TeX and friends
- miktex_update: A cygwin bash script for automatic updating and installing new packages of MiKTeX
- web2c: Conversion programs and supporting code to compile TeX in C
- os2tex: A distribution of TeX for OS/2 Warp