arabxetex – An ArabTeX-like interface for XeLaTeX
ArabXeTeX provides a convenient ArabTeX-like user-interface for typesetting languages using the Arabic script in XeLaTeX, with flexible access to font features. Input in ArabTeX notation can be set in three different vocalization modes or in roman transliteration. Direct UTF-8 input is also supported. The parsing and converting of ArabTeX input to Unicode is done by means of TECkit mappings. Version 1.0 provides support for Arabic, Maghribi Arabic, Farsi (Persian), Urdu, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Ottoman Turkish, Kurdish, Jawi (Malay) and Uighur. The documentation covers topics such as typesetting the Holy Quran and typesetting bidirectional critical editions with the package ednotes.
The LaTeX Project Public License
|Copyright||2007–2010 François Charette
Zal Mehran (inactive)
|Contained in||TeX Live as arabxetex|
|MiKTeX as arabxetex|
support for more than one (natural) language
XeTeX, material supporting it, and packages requiring it
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (704.9k).
- 2015-09-03 CTAN update: arabxetex
- 2010-03-04 CTAN Update arabxetex
- 2008-07-17 CTAN Update: arabxetex
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- polyglossia: An alternative to babel for XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX
- xgreek: XeLaTeX package for typesetting Greek language documents (beta release)
- bidishadowtext: Bidi-aware shadow text
- xecolour: Support for colour in XeLaTeX