CTAN Update: texosquery
* texosquery.jar: - Added --dirname (-e) - Multiline results add braces to each line (to make it easier to parse the results in TeX). - Code now compiled for Java 5 to support users with old versions of the JRE. * texosquery.tex: - \TeXOSQueryNow and \TeXOSQueryFileDate set the category code of D to 12 (to match \pdfcreationdate). - new command \TeXOSQueryDirName - dry run mode is now by default on unless shell escape=1 (unrestricted mode)
The package's Catalogue entry can be viewed at http://www.ctan.org/pkg/texosquery The package's files themselves can be inspected at http://mirror.ctan.org/support/texosquery/
Thanks for the upload. For the CTAN Team Petra Rübe-Pugliese
We are supported by the TeX users groups. Please join a users group; see http://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
texosquery – Cross-platform Java application to query OS information
This package provides a cross-platform Java application to query OS information designed for use in TeX’s shell escape mechanism.
The application can query the following:
- locale and codeset
- current working directory
- user home directory
- temporary directory
- OS name, arch and version
- Current date and time in PDF format (for TeX formats that don’t provide \pdfcreationdate)
- Date-time stamp of a file in PDF format (for TeX formats that don't provide \pdffilemoddate)
- Size of a file in bytes (for TeX formats that don’t provide \pdffilesize)
- Contents of a directory (captured as a list)
- Directory contents filtered by regular expression (captured as a list)
- URI of a file
- Canonical path of a file
All paths use a forward slash as directory divider so results can be used, for example, in commands like \includegraphics.
There are files provided for easy access in TeX documents:
- texosquery.tex: generic TeX code
- texosquery.sty: LaTeX package
This provides commands to run texosquery using TeX’s shell escape mechanism and capture the result in a control sequence. The category code of most of TeX’s default special characters (and some other potentially problematic characters) is temporarily changed to 12 while reading the result.
- 2017-04-02 CTAN Update: texosquery
- 2017-03-27 CTAN update: texosquery
- 2016-07-15 CTAN Update: texosquery
- 2016-07-09 New on CTAN: texosquery