devanagari – Typeset Devanagari
Frans Velthuis' preprocessor for Devanagari text, and fonts and macros to use when typesetting the processed text. The macros provide features that support Sanskrit, Hindi, Marathi, Nepali, and other languages typically printed in the Devanagari script.
The package provides fonts, in both METAFONT and Type 1 formats.
Users of modern TeX distributions may care to try the XeTeX based package, which is far preferable for users who can type Unicode text.
|License||GNU General Public License|
Steven T. Smith
|Contained in||TeX Live as velthuis|
|MiKTeX as devanagari|
fonts for languages of the Indian subcontinent
fonts distributed as METAFONT source
font available in Adobe Type 1 format
support for languages of the Indian subcontinent
Download the contents of this package in one zip archive (5.3M).
- 2016-07-07 CTAN update: devanagari
- 2008-06-23 CTAN Update: Velthuis devanagari for TeX
- 2006-06-12 dante.ctan.org upload: devanagari
Maybe you are interested in the following packages as well.
- telugu: (La)TeX Support for writing the Telugu Language
- wntamil: Tamil to TeX converter
- bengali-omega: Bengali in Velthuis transliteration or in UTF-8
- palladam: A Tamil font for Macintosh users